Hi friends! Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite recipes – Buffalo Chicken Burgers. This recipe is easy and can be made right in your kitchen; no BBQ grill needed. In fact, I think this recipe actually comes out better on the stove top than the grill. The consistency of a chicken burger is a bit different than a beef burger which makes it prone to falling apart on the grill. These Buffalo Chicken Burgers come out perfect every time and I seriously can’t get enough of them. They’re melt in your mouth good!
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item through an affiliate link, I may earn a small commission. All opinions/recommendations are my own. Thank you for shopping through my links!
When I make these burgers, I love to use a cast iron skillet or grill pan on my stove top. A few months ago I got a new Le Creuset Skillet from QVC. I have had a Le Creuset Dutch oven for a few years which I absolutely love. This brand is really well made and I think I will have these pieces forever. What I love about my new Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet Grill is the shape. If you’re like me and have a 5-burner stove with the awkward oval burner in the middle, this skillet is a perfect fit. Now that I have an oval skillet that properly fits over this burner, it heats evenly which makes for a much better dish. This skillet can fit two good size burgers at a time (perfect for date night at home) and it gives burgers great grill marks. I realize Le Creuset items are a bit pricey. When you purchase through QVC you have the option to break your payments up into multiple “Easy Pay” payments which may make these splurge items a bit more manageable. I have the Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet Grill in the color Coastal Blue.
Right now you can get a similar Le Creuset grill pan (I do not have this one) on sale at William Sonoma for $99 and free shipping. If you’re not in the market for a Le Creuset Skillet Grill that is okay. You can use a traditional cast iron skillet (like this one) for this recipe too. A cast iron skillet is a cookware staple. I get so much use out of mine and it’s under $30!
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 – 1/2c plain gluten-free panko bread crumbs (depends on how wet your mixture turns out)
- 1/4c finely chopped carrot, celery and yellow or white onion (tip: use the food processor)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- 4 tbsp Buffalo style hot sauce (1 tbsp/burger)
- EVOO to prep the skillet
- Optional: Blue cheese dressing, mixed greens & a warm gluten-free bun to finish your burger
- In a large bowl, add the egg, carrots, celery, onions and dry seasonings to the ground chicken.
- Start combining the ingredients by hand while gradually adding in the panko. You may need more or less depending on how much fat is in your ground chicken and/or water in the veggies. The burgers will be on the wet side, but should still form patties that you can easily transfer to your skillet. Avoid drying up this mixture with too much panko which will cause the burgers to dry out when they’re cooking.
- Using the combine mixture, divide the chicken into four equal burger patties.
- Pre-heat your grill over medium heat then lightly brush with olive oil.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown each size of the burgers for about 4 minutes. You will know the burgers are ready to flip when they easily lift from the skillet with a rubber spatula. They will also have grill marks or be nicely browned from your pan.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Use a thermometer to be sure they’re cooked fully.
- At this point, don’t forget to toast your buns if they’re frozen or if that’s how you prefer them.
- Carefully remove from the oven and drizzle 1 tbsp of Buffalo hot sauce over each burger then place the burgers and skillet back into the oven under the broiler on low for 3 minutes.
- Again, carefully remove the skillet from the oven transfer your burgers to your favorite buns, top with blue cheese dressing and mixed green. Enjoy!