Super short blog, for a super easy dinner…
Soup is a great dinner for chilly nights, but not all of us have time to let a pot simmer on a stove for hours. While I’m sure this soup would work great in a slow cooker too, I actually didn’t have one at the time. If you don’t have a slow cooker either, you can still whip up this tasty soup in 30 minutes, making it perfect for weeknights.
4 cups of unsalted chicken broth
2-3 cups of cooked chicken
2 14.5oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can of cannelloni beans, rinsed
1/4 cup of pec Romano
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
6oz fresh spinach
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp black pepper
Sprinkle of dried parsley and oregano
- Saute the onion in about 2 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until they’re translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes then add chicken broth and tomatoes (with juice) and bring to a boil.
- Add cannelloni beans and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken which is a huge time saver), black pepper, oregano and parsley. I did not add salt because one can of tomatoes I used had sea salt in it.
- Let soup boil for 10 minutes then turn down heat. Add cheese and spinach, cooking for about 5 minutes.
xo Miss Alyss
3 thoughts on “Italian Style Chicken Soup|Quick Dinner”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
[…] of it. In the three months I’ve had it, I have used it to cook chili, sauce, chicken pot pie, soups and stew. It has been really easy to clean, but I do make an extra effort to follow the manufacture […]
[…] #1 reason to buy a Le Creuset Dutch Oven is because it is so versatile. I have used it to make soup, chili, chicken pot pie, all different types of sauce and pasta. I’ve also used it to sautee […]