The holidays are in full swing which means many of us will be attending party after party. Although you can’t go wrong with bringing a good bottle of wine (or two), it’s nice to bring one of your favorite dishes to share, and this one is mine! I have made this so many times over the last three years. I’ve been changing it up and must say, I’m pretty happy with my current recipe. I love to try new things and give recipes I’ve found my own spin. If you caught me making this on Insta Stories, you know I love making fresh chips to go with this dish too. This dip is filled with hot and cheesy goodness. Make it for your next party and I’m sure your friends are going to love it.
16oz frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
16oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed drained and chopped
8oz smoked gouda
8oz fresh mozzarella
8oz cream cheese
1/4-1/2 cup of pecorino Romano (parmesan works too)
1/4 gluten free panko bread crumbs
1 small shallot finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp EVOO
1/4 tsp black pepper, crushed red pepper & sea salt
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Thaw then drain spinach and artichoke hearts (the more water you can remove the better. Excess water will make your dip soggy). Roughly chop both.
- Sauté shallot and garlic in 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Grate mozzarella, smoked gouda and Pecorino Romano.
- In a medium size bowl combine spinach, artichoke, mozzarella, smoked gouda, 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano, cream cheese, sautéed onions and garlic. Season with black pepper, red pepper and salt (remember, pecorino Romano and parmesan can make a dish salty, so be mindful of the extra salt you add).
- Very lightly grease the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil. I like to drizzle a little oil in then spread it around the dish with a paper towel.
- Add mixture to the dish and top with remaining Pecorino Romano and sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes (until dip is bubbling) then broil for 6 minutes and serve with your favorite chips, crackers or veggie sticks. Best if served warm!